Nov 18, 2010

Camille's 1yr old checkup

Camille had her big girl checkup today with Dr. Tanaka. She fell asleep on the way to the doctor and so she was a little mad that I had to wake her up from her nap. Once we got inside and she had an eye on the fish tank that she loves so much- she was back to her happy self :)

She weighed in at 18.5lbs (7th percentile) and was 27 1/4" long (7th percentile). More confirmation that she will be petite like mommy :) Her head circumference was 18" (65th percentile). So her brains are growing faster than the rest of her body :)

I had to answer a 1yr old questionaire once we got there..... questions around her communication, motor, problem solving, and socialization skills. Some of the questions made me worry b/c I was thinking to myself that I hadn't yet tried that with her.... For example, If you scribble back and forth on paper with a crayon, does your baby copy you? ... Haven't ever tried that.... If I had a crayon in my purse right then, I would have tested her on the spot. Luckily, Camille was showing average or above average in all areas even with the ones we hadn't tried yet :) Her highest marks were around her fine motor skills.

Dr. Tanaka did the normal heartbeat, ears, and eyes check... but the funny part was that Camille kept pulling his stethoscope out of his ears and laughing. He ended up giving her some tongue depressors to keep her occupied, even though she later started reaching into his shirt pockets.... I was so embarrased, but he seemed used to it.... She just wanted his name badge & pen :) He instead gave her a rubber ducky to squeek. He was happy with her progress & especially her love of milk & eating.... though he warned me that picky eating could still develop a little later.

Last came the dreaded part of the visit- shots! She had 3- the 2nd flu shot, the MMR shot, & the chickenpox vaccine. The nurse warned that 2 of the 3 would burn... lovely. I had a juice bottle ready as a treat for Camille, but she was mad as fire after those shots. She slapped away everything that was given to her and just wanted to be taken out of that room (and away from the nurse that had the needles). Once we got into the lobby she stopped crying and was looking around for her juice :) She then waved bye to all the nurses as we were on our way!

I will post some pictures tonight that we took yesterday on her birthday. Her teacher at school said Camille had reign over the room yesterday since it was her special day.... lord only knows what that means.. ha! She did say that Camille gots lots of happy bday songs sang to her throughout the day and that one of her fav school meals would be given to her today, after the shots- spaghetti! I made sure to dress her in red :)

No comments:

Post a Comment