Nov 5, 2009

32 Week Checkup


Sorry the picture turned out darker than I planned... the dark shirt didn't help...
I had my 32 week checkup this morning with Dr. Woodruff. My blood pressure and everything was good. I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment, but he said that was fine as long as I hadn't changed my eating. I like that I didn't gain weight after having Halloween leftovers :) Mmmmm :)


I measured right on track and Camille's heartbeat was strong as usual. I actually got my H1N1 vaccine today too b/c they had gotten a shipment yesterday that they hadn't expected.


The focus of the appointment was on Camille's position. She is still very breech and Dr. Woodruff said that its very unlikely that she will move down on her own at this point. He said that they would be continuing to monitor the position, but that I should probably go ahead and mentally prepare for the option of a c-section. He said over the next appointment or two, they can do some of the manual versioning to get her to move, but that with my petitie figure he doubts that it will fully accomplish what we want it to. Not the news I wanted to hear, but I guess that you can never fully plan around a birth.... it goes the way God wants it to and I have no control of that. So while a c-section isn't 100% at this point, it is very likely that that is the path will be faced with.


Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as Nick and I begin to mentally prepare for Plan B. The doctor could tell I was upset by his news, but he did say that with me being such a planner, that their was good news in that I could actually pick Camille's birthdate..... :)


My next appt is on the 19th....

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the news... I know that's disappointing. At least if it's scheduled you won't have to labor for hours just to end up with a c-section in the end. And like you said, you can be mentally prepared for it and it's definitely nice knowing what day your little one is coming!

    BTW, did your doctor talk to you about trying acupuncture, seeing a chiropractor (webster technique) and/or using light and music directed at your pelvis? Not sure if any of these actually work but if you want avoid a c-section it's worth a try, right?

    Glad to hear that you and Camille are otherwise healthy. You look great!

    ReplyDelete