Sep 28, 2009

Belk Baby Poll

Since Belk was having some great sales this past weekend, I decided to do some deal shopping on Friday evening. Finding a few things, I made my way to the checkout. The woman checking me out said "Wow, I'm impressed you are out shopping being this close to delivering." I laughed it off and said "Well, I have 3 more months to go, so I hope I still have lots of time for errands." The lady seemed shocked and preceded to call another employee over to "check out my baby bump." This employee said "From behind, you would never know you were pregnant, but that baby bump of yours sure screams any day now." I have become used to these comments and just smiled and hoped that I could quickly be on my way, but boy was I wrong. As the one attendant was asking me if I had multiples in my family, the other was telling me that I should really consider a c-section if this baby is over 9lbs! I had totally lost sight of the fact that this was too much information coming from these ladies, but instead was focused on the fact that they thought I could birth a 9lb baby!! They finished their rants and then introduced me to other employees who they wanted to "guess" my due date... needless to say, no one guessed December, or even November.... October was the month of choice for most. Yikes!

I just smiled and quickly explained that I needed to get going. When I got to the car, I just had a little "talk" with Camille about her growth and told her that since I am limited for space, she might need to rethink this plan of measuring big :) Otherwise, we will keep being the talk of the town!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura, don't you worry about those silly ladies! The good Lord knows what he is doing and little Camille will grow and develop perfectly! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... Camille will be the perfect size (remember everyone thought Bryce was going to be 9 or 10 pounder and he was only 7 and a half). I think people just aren't used to seeing very pregnant ladies out and about. That and so many ladies are overweight so it's kind of unusual to see a someone who is all belly. I considered fibbing about my due date to strangers because I got so sick of the comments. ;)

    ReplyDelete